The South of France is glitz and glamour all the way and unfortunately that makes it a target for some less scrupulous visitors. When you're on holiday it easy to forget that our beautiful region can be the place of petty theft and crime, but with just a few sensible precautions then we know that you will have a wonderful holiday.
1. Driving - Don't leave valuables on display in the car, lock them in the boot when you're parked. Cameras, iPads and more.
2. Keep your car doors locked - Many modern cars now automatically lock the doors when you are driving. This is a sensible precaution here on the French Riviera as opportunist thieves have been known simply to open the back door of a car stopped at a traffic light, reach into the car and take whatever is to hand.
3. Dining Out - When you're eating out in restaurants, then ladies do not leave handbags unattended. Keep them in sight at all times.
4. Passports and Currency - Where possible we recommend that you leave large amounts of currency and passports safely at your South of France rental villa. Many of our villas have safes where you can store valuables for the duration of your stay.
5. Alarms and Gates - When you are in your rental villa then close gates and set the alarm, especially at night and of course when you are out of the villa.
Just small, sensible precautions will ensure that you have a wonderful holiday here in one of our rental villas in the South of France.